Monday, December 8, 2008

Festival of Trees


We had a good time at the Festival of Trees we got our pitcher with Santa. Connor did not think this was really him "because he has to be at the north pole getting ready for Christmas "he said I love Connor he dose not hide how he feels. So he was not in the photo taken by the festival but grandma got one to prove he was there. T.J. did not want any thing to do with him you can see he was trying to get away but I told him that we ask Santa for what we want for Christmas and he might bring it to us Christmas morning. So he asked Santa for a robot "as big as my Dad". He is our daddy's boy. He would like it if Dad could take him with him were ever he goes. But he gets that can't be done so he want a duplicate.




All Connor wanted to do was stand in a bubble so hear he is. All by him self in a bubble.T.J. wanted to but when they pulled the bubble up he freaked out this was more than he could take.Festival of Trees has become a tradition that we do with Grandma Pam. I have gone for 10 year straight. It helps me to get in the spirit of giving. I love this bond that Pam and I share. I realize how healing this can be for families of children who have spent many days in the hospital and some times don't come home with their child. Two Christmas ago my niece Emily had a bone marrow transplant just before Christmas and a tree was put together in her honer. The person who bought the tree had it deliver to their home. It was left up for Emily to see when she came home in February. The festival is hard thing for them to go to because Emily's family knows many of the children who have passed on. But we are all grateful to the Doctor's and the staff at primary children's hospital that have made it so Emily will be able to spend many Holidays with us. I also have a nephew who had his kidney fail at birth and has had 2 kidney transplants. Jake is still with us blessing the lives of all the people he associates with because of the good care he was given at primary children's.
At the end of our time at the festival Connor got sick. So we high tailed it out of there and headed home. I plan to go again next year.


















g

3 comments:

Dale and Tabitha said...

The festival of trees were really fun this year. I usually love reading the stories, but since I am pregnant I can't handle reading the stories about the hardship the children and families must go through. Next year when I am not super sensitive and paronoid about my babies I will love to read them.

Thank you for sharing the stories of your family and I am so grateful that they are home with their loved ones.

amy16 said...

That bubble thing looks so cool.

I'm sure your family knows more than most how important this event is. I hope they continue to be blessed.

Petersons said...

What night did you go that there wasn't a gazillion people? We could hardly take any pictures for fear of getting trampled!